Sunday, September 27, 2009

Todays heart...

I've started spending a couple of hours or more every morning 'art surfing'. It gives me time to consider the things I need to do to move further along with my work. And also allows me to just consume images, scan hundreds of them for something that catches my eye or makes me stop for some reason. I took me a while to decide what it was today. I wanted to find something new, something I hadn't seen before. Then I found this. Eye candy. Beautifully quirky.
Todays heart... Liz Wolfe. Her work is absolutely excellent and a good example of an image maker (as opposed to an image taker.) I guess you could say she's a small scale Sandy Skoglund, who is probably one of my favorite artists.  Without further ado:




Bunnies in Blood, 2004 



Bunny with Candy, 2008

                                      
Butterflies on Branch, 2008 | Meat Tree, 2008

                                       
Chicken Feet with Lilies, 2004

                                       
Popsicle, 2008 | Cupcakes, 2008

                                       
Yellow Shoes and Sardines, 2004

All images © Liz Wolfe                 lizwolfe.com


No comments: