Tuesday, October 6, 2009

mask making and other sticky things


Grasshopper mask, half done. First layer of paper mache on the mould.


A few layers later.... change of paper to a thicker, white. Harder to sculpt, but better for texture and base colour.

First layer of white paper. Before I get to this stage, the mask mould is made from paper, then it's covered in paper mache using news paper for about three layers and then two or three layers of this white paper.

Newest edition to the gang, and also the last one for this body of work. (I'll post images of all of them later at some stage.) This one is another head piece and still has a lot of work to do. I'm attaching fabric as sort of a veil that will function both to hide the eyes of whoever is wearing it, and give mr. bunny some clothes.


This week I'll be shooting my clown image. Finally, I should say. I'm still working on the costume and such, but it is more or less ready to go... this weekend I did a few tests to work out some rabbit outlines for the image. So far, this is what I've settled on. They will be placed around the clown in the landscape.





No comments: